Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What Goes Around

I was going to blog about my biggest pet peeve: inconsiderate drivers, but my experience yesterday has me changing topics. I truly believe in Karma. It is the result of energy that puts things into action. What goes around comes around - and if it doesn't, then wait a minute because it will.

I was on my way home after work yesterday, heading down Oakland Avenue towards Kingshighway. There was a big red Chevy Silverado in the lane next to me. As I approached the light at Kingshighway this truck proceded to swerve over and cut me off. What a jerk! I know that there are only one of two ways you can go but why do you gotta be rude?!? Yeah I'm talkin to you Mr. OYA 777 - MO license plate!!! I ignored him after I released my anger by yelling at him. He obviously didn't care about what he did.

Once the light turned green we were off. He was driving how I thought he would. On the bumper of the car in front of him. I got over to the right to exit onto 64/40 and surprise Mr. Truck did too. We had to stop and yield for the oncoming traffic from Kingshighway. Mr. Truck kept pulling up and up - driving like a jerk. I told him he will get what's coming to him...just be patient. All of a sudden I heard a crunching sound. Mr. Truck had ran into the back of the minivan in front of him. I didn't see it, but I heard it, and then saw them both pull over off to the side of the entrance ramp. How's that for Karma?

I've experienced Karma many times over - some good and some not so good. Another great experience sticks out in my mind. Several years ago I decided to try the online dating thing. Many of my friends had and they married their online romances. When I set up my profile I needed help. I had no idea what I was doing. My friend helped me and after awhile I added some more to it. I know it's cheesy, but my tag line was "The Greatest Fan of Your Life". I really like the artist Edwin McCain and that was a line from his song. Well many people know that I met my fiance online. He proposed to me on Christmas morning. As we were driving to my mom's house we were listening to the radio and that Edwin McCain song came on. I started bawling. Derric looked at me like I was crazy. I asked him if he knew the song and what it meant to me. He did. It was all I needed to know that things were the way they were supposed to be. This is the man that I'm supposed to spend the rest of my life with. What a great feeling! *smile*

No comments: