Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Barracked the Vote!




This year was the first year I am truly interested in politics. I have seen what the economy is doing to those I work with and what it's doing to me personally. That is why I registered to vote this year and I joined millions of others in doing what others have worked so hard to do. I voted!


Derric and I woke up about 6am and went to our polling place. Lucky for us it was just a couple blocks away. It was chilly but I was excited to be there. We waited over 2 hours in line just to get to the door. Once we got there another long line was inside. This place was so disorganized but by observing I was able to figure out where to go and what to do. I made sure I got my sticker so that I could wear it proudly.

We decided to have a last minute party. Why do you ask? Because we are always up for a party! And this is the most important election in history. So we threw together some fun. I made beer cheese dip, hot wing dip, spicy nacho dip, pigs in a blanket, brownies, and we had a giant sandwitch. We had decorations, red and blue cups, as well as political themed games: pin the tail/trunk on the donkey/elephant, USA trivia, casting ballots, and of course color the state as the results come in. We were going to make a drinking game out of key phrases that were being said, but everyone seemed to be having fun drinking anyway. We welcomed everyone regardless of party affiliation. We had such a great time! I was disappointed that Missouri's results were not posted last night and they still are not ready this morning!

No comments: