Friday, November 21, 2008

The Block is Back!



This is the boyband back then...


And here they are now, 20 years later...
Still lookin mighty fine after all those years....
I heard that The New Kids on the Block aka NKOTB were coming to St. Louis on 11/10/08. When my friend asked if I wanted to go to the concert I immediately said yes! We thought we would fashion up some Tshirts but later decided that it would be fun to put together our own outfits. 

I was a huge NKTOB fan back in the day. I had the cassette tapes, tshirts, hats, posters, magazines, puzzles, and of course the buttons! Unfortunately I didn't keep any of it. Lucky for me I was able to find bits and pieces everywhere cause the 90s are coming back in style. I don't know why it is coming back, but it is. 
Nina, Rachel, and me ready to go.
I still have my old crimper from back in the day. My friend Rachel not only had hers too, but it was the exact same brand and color of mine. How weird! I have so much hair that it took me about 1.5 hours to crimp it. 
Me, Nina, Rachel, & Jessica ready to ROCK with NKOTB!
Poor baby Darin was attacked by the NKOTB fans before they rushed out the door to the concert.
Darin with his NKOTB obsessed mommy and aunt.

The concert absolutely ROCKED! I was not sure what to expect. But they were GOOD. They started with a new song. They mixed the old with the new. I had bought the Greatest Hits cd & dvd combo from Walmart to get ready for the concert. Derric was glad when the concert finally came so he didn't have to listen to NKOTB in the car. They sang a couple of songs I vaguely remembered, but I knew the chorus. Then they sang the classics - Step by Step, Cover Girl, Hangin Tough, Please Don't Go Girl, The Right Stuff. My Favorite Girl, and Tonight. 
 
The RFT is a local paper in St. Louis. They were down at ScottTrade Center taking pics and reporting on the concert. Check out the link to our pic! Also there is a blog from the reporter. She gives a great play by play of the concert. I had so much fun and screamed at the top of my lungs most of the night -  so much that my throat was sore for a couple of days afterwards. But it was SO worth it! The New Kids had Natashia Beddingfield open for them, with Lady Gaja opening for her. Once the Kids began playing, they sang for over 2 hours. Oh what a night!

No comments: